Your Users Won't Read: http://t.co/msAyuuR9 Comments: http://t.co/HU17TNDP
As web designers or developers we often have a tendency to fall back on text to convey a message or instructions to an end user. Our thought process is that if we provide the necessary steps as written text, how can anyone mess it up? As useful as text can be, the approach is inherently flawed as text is often ignored or at best scanned, and inference or expected behaviour prove to be a more powerful force. Even if your process is straightforward, text becomes useless if the actions on the page infer something that is counter to it.
Link – Trackbacks
- Well explained examples – 15 Examples of Brilliant Homepage #Design http://t.co/HPl0dMUD by @jessicameher #ux #usability
- Onboarding Design Reminders From a Visual UX Designer at Trulia http://t.co/8zZFWuZO #ux #design #ui #usability @bysusanlin
- Onboarding Design Reminders From a Visual UX Designer at Trulia #ux #design #ui #usability
- Our Top 10 UX Resources From 2012 http://t.co/aeTBFrWl #ux #design #ui #usability
- Things I learned by pretending to be blind for a week #ux #usability #accesibility http://t.co/ZgmklS3S