Not Just Pretty: Building Emotion Into Your Websites http://t.co/moIUpTYm via @smashingmag
Emotional design has become a powerful tool in creating exceptional user experiences for websites. However, emotions did not use to play such an important role on the Web. Actually, they did not use to play any role at all; rather, they were drowned by a flood of rational functionality and efficiency. We were so busy trying to adapt to the World Wide Web as a new medium that we lost sight of its full potential. Instead of using the Internet on our terms, we adapted to its technical and, at first, impersonal nature. If it wasn’t for visionary contemporaries such as Don Norman or Aarron Walter, we might still be focusing on improving processes, neglecting the potential of emotional design.
Link – Trackbacks
- Well explained examples – 15 Examples of Brilliant Homepage #Design http://t.co/HPl0dMUD by @jessicameher #ux #usability
- Onboarding Design Reminders From a Visual UX Designer at Trulia http://t.co/8zZFWuZO #ux #design #ui #usability @bysusanlin
- Onboarding Design Reminders From a Visual UX Designer at Trulia #ux #design #ui #usability
- Our Top 10 UX Resources From 2012 http://t.co/aeTBFrWl #ux #design #ui #usability
- Things I learned by pretending to be blind for a week #ux #usability #accesibility http://t.co/ZgmklS3S