Using Origami To Mock-Up Ingenious Gestural Interfaces: Gestural user interfaces may be the future, but we’re no… http://t.co/3i6Jund9
Gestural user interfaces may be the future, but we’re not quite comfortable with them yet–as users or designers. Their tactile simplicity makes them efficient once you get the hang of them, but their affordance-less, “pictures under glass” nature can make them inscrutable to first-time users. Meanwhile, how can designers fully grasp the possibility space of these interfaces without anything to, well, grasp? Mockups of the way that Clear and Path work, on the left and right respectively.Designer Juan Sanchez offers an intriguingly low-tech solution: origami models.
Link – Trackbacks
- Well explained examples – 15 Examples of Brilliant Homepage #Design http://t.co/HPl0dMUD by @jessicameher #ux #usability
- Onboarding Design Reminders From a Visual UX Designer at Trulia http://t.co/8zZFWuZO #ux #design #ui #usability @bysusanlin
- Onboarding Design Reminders From a Visual UX Designer at Trulia #ux #design #ui #usability
- Our Top 10 UX Resources From 2012 http://t.co/aeTBFrWl #ux #design #ui #usability
- Things I learned by pretending to be blind for a week #ux #usability #accesibility http://t.co/ZgmklS3S